Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Дата
Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca> writes:
> And I now release and updated version 1.1 which fixes a problem.  No problem:
>    afoo control file:
>      - default_version = 1.1
>      - encoding utf8
>    afoo-1.1.sql installation
>    afoo-upgrade-1.0-1.1.sql upgrade script
>    any required shared libraries for afoo-1.

> Now, I decide to add some major new changes to my afoo for version 2.
> I'ld like to package it up:
>    afoo control file
>     - default_version = 2.0
>     - encoding utf8
>    afoo-2.0.sql installation
>    afoo-upgrade-1.1-2.0-sql upgrade script
>    Any ne shared libreries for afoo-2.

> This gives my first problem.  I can't package afoo-2.x seperately from
> afoo-1.x, because they both want to write the afoo control file.

No, you ship *one* package that supports both 1.1 and 2.0.

> But now, let's make it harder.  I've found a grave bug in 1.1, which
> causes the PG backend to segfault.  Easy fix, good thing, so now I
> release 1.2:

Unless the bug is such that you have to change the installation script
file, there is no reason to bump the version number at all.  These
version numbers apply to the install SQL script, not the underlying .so.

Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3