Re: [patch] build issues on Win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [patch] build issues on Win32
Дата
Re: [patch] build issues on Win32  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@des.no> writes:
> I've run across a couple of stumbling blocks when building on Win32
> (specifically, XP + MinGW):

>  1. PostgreSQL's private versions of inet_aton etc. can conflict with
>     similar functions in other libraries (in my case, PostgreSQL's
>     inet_aton conflicts with libavformat's).

So what?  We don't link with those libraries.  The proposed #defines
seem like a completely bad idea, especially since as-presented they
would affect every platform not only yours.  We don't need the
maintenance/debugging headaches of routines that don't have the names
they appear to have.

>  ifeq ($(PORTNAME),win32)
> -LIBS += -lws2_32 -lshfolder
> +LIBS += -lws2_32 -lshfolder -lsecur32
>  endif

Surely this bit would need to be conditional on whether libsecur32
is available?

> -LDFLAGS="-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition"
> +LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition"

That bit seems sane.