Re: FDW oddity

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FDW oddity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have just noticed something slightly odd. The traces (obtained by
> setting client_min_messages to debug1) from the blackhole FDW show that
> the handler function is called each time an INSERT is performed. This is
> not the case for SELECT, UPDATE or DELETE. It looks at first glance like
> a buglet. Can anyone suggest why this should be so?

What do you mean by "the handler function", and for that matter what do
you define as "each time"?  The ExecForeignInsert method certainly ought
to be called once per row inserted, but the same is true of
ExecForeignUpdate and ExecForeignDelete.  The setup methods such as
BeginForeignModify should only be called once per query though.