Re: do we want to gitignore regression-test-failure files?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: do we want to gitignore regression-test-failure files?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Seems like it's probably a good idea, but I wanted to double-check
> that no one has a different thought.

-1.  If the lack of an ignore causes a problem for you, it indicates
that you're trying to commit code that fails the regression tests.
Is it really a good idea to let that happen without any manual cleanup?
I'm a bit surprised that you think this is a good idea while not
favoring having, say, *.rej in the ignore configuration.

I'd be inclined to put this in the category of things that people can
ignore in their personal configurations if they think it's a good idea.

If we were going to do this, we'd need it in a lot more places than
just src/test/regress/ --- I think it'd really need to be a global
ignore.

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Still more tweaking of git_changelog.
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Still more tweaking of git_changelog.