Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Add transforms feature

> BF member olinguito is also failing the contrib test, because plpython
> is not compiled in that platform.

Yeah.  Even more specifically, olinguito does have --with-python in its
configure flags, but then the plpython Makefile skips the build because
libpython isn't available as a shared library.  But the contrib test is
(I assume, haven't looked) conditional only on the configure flag.

I'm not real sure now why we felt that was a good approach.  The general
project policy is that if you ask for a feature in the configure flags,
we'll build it or die trying; how come this specific Python issue gets
special treatment contrary to that policy?

So I'd vote for changing that to put the shared-library test in configure,
or at least make it a build failure later on, not "silently don't build
what was asked for".  That would mean olinguito's configure flags would
have to be adjusted.

Plan B would require propagating the shared-libpython test into the
contrib makefiles, which seems pretty unpalatable even if you're willing
to defend the status quo otherwise.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature