Re: cvs head : broken regression tests ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cvs head : broken regression tests ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This only applies to dev versions, as the library version is bumped each
> release, I believe.

Bumping the minor version number is part of Bruce's standard per-release
checklist.  However, it seems to me that there are some popular
platforms (eg Linux) where a minor version increment isn't really
noticed by the dynamic linker, and only a bump in the major version
number is sufficient to dissuade the linker from seizing on an older
version of the shared library.

Bumping the major version on each release doesn't sound great either,
as it would create binary incompatibility whether we needed it or not.

Anyone see a decent compromise?