Re: concurrent index builds unneeded lock?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: concurrent index builds unneeded lock?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> So I think we're back to looking at a special case for concurrent
> index builds to not wait on other concurrent index builds.

I'm kind of wondering how big the use case for that really is.
AFAICT the point of a concurrent build is to (re)build an index
without incurring too much performance penalty for foreground
query processing.  So how often are you really going to want
to fire off several of them in parallel?  If you can afford to
saturate your machine with indexing work, you could use plain
index builds.

Сообщение: Re: concurrent index builds unneeded lock?
Сообщение: Re: concurrent index builds unneeded lock?