Re: make install-world fails sometimes in Mac M1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: make install-world fails sometimes in Mac M1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gaddam Sai Ram <gaddamsairam.n@zohocorp.com> writes:
>       We are using a script to install Postgres from source, the script works fine in ubuntu and Mac(intel) but
mostlyfails(works sometimes) in Mac M1.

We have developers (including me) and buildfarm machines using M1 Macs,
and nobody else is reporting any big problem with them, so I don't believe
that this is specifically due to that.

> make[2]: *** [install] Killed: 9

kill -9 is not something that would happen internally to the install
process.  My guess is that that is interference from some external agent.
Perhaps you have some resource-consumption-limiting daemon installed on
that machine, and it's deciding that the command ran too long?