Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: More new SQL/JSON item methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-01-17 We 04:03, Jeevan Chalke wrote:

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 7:41 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

Overall, I think it would be better if you combined all three of these
patches into one.  Right now, you have arranged these as incremental
features, and as a result of that, the additions to the JsonPathItemType
enum and the grammar keywords etc. are ordered in the way you worked on
these features, I guess.  It would be good to maintain a bit of sanity
to put all of this together and order all the enums and everything else
for example in the order they are in the sql_features.txt file (which is
alphabetical, I suppose).  At this point I suspect we'll end up
committing this whole feature set together anyway, so we might as well
organize it that way.

OK.
I will merge them all into one and will try to keep them in the order specified in sql_features.txt.
However, for documentation, it makes more sense to keep them in logical order than the alphabetical one. What are your views on this?

I agree that we should order the documentation logically. Users don't care how we organize the code etc, but they do care about docs have sensible structure.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan