Re: BUG #12344: libcurses issue with psql binary of Solaris package

От Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Тема Re: BUG #12344: libcurses issue with psql binary of Solaris package
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Good afternoon,

Ok, so=E2=80=A6.

Have been debugging all this issue and have seen the following details =
and assumptions :=20

- Binary package for Solaris downloadable in =
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.4.0/solaris/solaris11/i386/ =
<http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v9.4.0/solaris/solaris11/i386/> =
will probably be for Solaris 11.0 not 11.1 or 11.2=E2=80=A6 unless it =
seems to be built there=E2=80=A6
- It has been build with Solaris Studio 11 compilers which don=E2=80=99t =
really know for Solaris 11 but for Solaris 11.2 are slightly old=E2=80=A6.=
 apart=E2=80=A6 why this compilers were used instead of GCC installable =
with pkg install?
- Have found in the config (pg_config output) too some flag that seem to =
be only valid for Sparc arch=E2=80=A6

And some other thing I did not remember at present instant but I believe =
saw=E2=80=A6.

Well like I needed to use Postgresql on Solaris=E2=80=A6 I rebuilt it=E2=80=
=A6 I did use all systems default libraries=E2=80=A6 I didn=E2=80=99t =
install any kind of Sunfreeware or whatever library=E2=80=A6.

So I have build successfully (unless until now, have not seen any issue =
with the binaries) in Solaris 11.2 concretely the OS is:=20

uname -ar
SunOS themachine 5.11 11.2 i86pc i386 i86pc

cat /etc/release=20
                             Oracle Solaris 11.2 X86
  Copyright (c) 1983, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates.  All rights =
reserved.
                             Assembled 23 June 2014

with just doing :=20

pkg install gcc-c++-48 gcc-c-48

export CC=3D'/usr/gcc/4.8/bin/gcc -m64'
export CXX=3D'/usr/gcc/4.8/bin/c++ -m64'
export LDFLAGS=3D'-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib'
export CPPFLAGS=3D'-I/usr/local/include'
export CFLAGS=3D'-O3'
export PATH=3D$PATH':/usr/gnu/bin'

./configure --prefix=3D/opt/postgres94 --enable-nls =
--with-system-tzdata=3D/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo --with-tclconfig=3D/usr/lib=
 --with-python --with-tcl --with-pam --with-libedit-preferred =
--with-libxml --with-libxslt --enable-thread-safety  =
--enable-integer-datetimes
gmake
gmake install

Perhaps it would be better (instead of providing binaries) to include a =
script in the sources tar.gz that if you were in Solaris (I say in =
Solaris, because in FreeBSD for example, which is the main OS I do use, =
you build it easilly from ports, and in other systems like Linux=20
you normally have prebuilt) which checks the env, the packages installed =
and so=E2=80=A6 or just directly, to say to everybody=E2=80=A6 "For =
installing Postgresql in Solaris, you need to have a Virgin Solaris =
installation and just run later the -build-on-solaris.sh-" or whatever =
script in order=20
to start everybody in the same beginning point and later to run a script =
which for example does this same I have wrote before. I would say this =
is better than having, say old binaries or=E2=80=A6. and like building, =
let=E2=80=99s say, enforces you to have all required system libraries if =
you=20
want the code to be built if you say everyone to start at the same =
beginning point I think could be perhaps easier to offer an easy way to =
install Postgresql in Solaris.

Thank you very much for you=E2=80=99re help and hope this helps too,
Best regards,

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
Departamento de sistemas
944 209 470
Parque Tecnol=C3=B3gico. Edificio 103
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
egoitz@sarenet.es <mailto:egoitz@sarenet.es>
www.sarenet.es <http://www.sarenet.es/>
Antes de imprimir este correo electr=C3=B3nico piense si es necesario =
hacerlo.

> El 26/12/2014, a las 17:55, pgsql-bugs-owner@postgresql.org escribi=C3=B3=
:
>=20
> Your message to pgsql-bugs has been delayed, and requires the approval=20=

> of the moderators, for the following reason(s):
>=20
> The author (Egoitz Aurrekoetxea <egoitz@sarenet.es>)
>  is not a member of any of the restrict_post groups.
>=20
> If you do not wish the message to be posted, or have other concerns,=20=

> please send a message to the list owners at the following address:=20
>  pgsql-bugs-owner@postgresql.org
>=20
> Asunto: Re: [BUGS] BUG #12344: libcurses issue with psql binary of =
Solaris package
> De: Egoitz Aurrekoetxea <egoitz@sarenet.es>
> Fecha: 26 de diciembre de 2014, 17:55:40 CET
> Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
> Para: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>=20
>=20
> Hello!,
>=20
> And by the way=E2=80=A6 have done some checks=E2=80=A6.
>=20
> Have just build Postgresql 9.4.0 in Solaris 11.2 with this flags=E2=80=A6=
.
>=20
> export CC=3D'/usr/gcc/4.8/bin/gcc -m64'
> export CXX=3D'/usr/gcc/4.8/bin/c++ -m64'
> export LDFLAGS=3D'-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib'
> export CPPFLAGS=3D'-I/usr/local/include'
>=20
> later=20
>=20
>  ./configure --prefix=3D/tmp/postgresql-prueba
>  gmake
>=20
> Just for ensuring was a bug in some Solaris library=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 =
and not a versioning issue (the package is compiled against or =
whatever=E2=80=A6.) or whatever=E2=80=A6=20
>=20
> /tmp/prueba-comp-postgres/postgresql-9.4.0/src/bin/psql# ./psql
> ld.so.1: psql: fatal: libpq.so.5: open failed: No such file or =
directory
> Killed
>=20
> It has not build libpq which I don=E2=80=99t really know why not=E2=80=A6=
 but like was just for the testing purpose=E2=80=A6. have copied the =
Postgresql binary package for Solaris libpq.so* files=E2=80=A6.
>=20
> /tmp/prueba-comp-postgres/postgresql-9.4.0/src/bin/psql# cp =
/usr/postgres/9.4-pgdg/lib/libpq.so* .
>=20
> Later=E2=80=A6. have done a :=20
>=20
> export =
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=3D'/tmp/prueba-comp-postgres/postgresql-9.4.0/src/bin/psql=
'
> And voil=C3=A0 :=20
> /tmp/prueba-comp-postgres/postgresql-9.4.0/src/bin/psql# ./psql
> psql: FATAL:  role "root" does not exist
> =
root@themachine:/tmp/prueba-comp-postgres/postgresql-9.4.0/src/bin/psql# =
./psql -U thedatabase -h localhost
> psql (9.4.0)
> Type "help" for help.
>=20
> thedatabase=3D# =
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
> thedatabase-#=20
> thedatabase-#=20
> thedatabase-# ;
> NOTICE:  identifier =
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa=
" will be truncated to =
"
> LINE 1: =
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
>         ^
> thedatabase=3D# select * from pg_stat_activity;
> thedatabase=3D# =
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
> thedatabase-# ;
> NOTICE:  identifier =
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" =
will be truncated to =
root@themachine:/tmp/prueba-comp-postgres/postgresql-9.4.0/src/bin/psql#=20=

>=20
> It=E2=80=99s not being broken now=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 So perhaps is that =
it was build against for instance Solaris 11 not Solaris 11.2 and some =
issue exist with that linkage=E2=80=A6. done with a previous =
version=E2=80=A6..
>=20
> If you tell me how=E2=80=A6 I wouldn=E2=80=99t mind creating it for =
Solaris 11.2 again the Postgresql package and donating it to you=E2=80=A6.=

<mailto:egoitz@sarenet.es>> escribi=C3=B3:
>>=20
>> Good afternoon,
>>=20
>> Thank you so much for the fast response. If I let it that way, =
without rebuilding and knowing the issue in one of the libraries =
mentioned=20
<mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> escribi=C3=B3:
>>>=20
https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v9.4.0/solaris/solaris11/i386/postgr=
esql-9.4.0-S11.i386-64.tar.bz2 =

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #12367: Wrong result on to_char() when inputing dates
От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Rollback on include error in psql