Re: Rule for updating through a view.

От Mike Meyer
Тема Re: Rule for updating through a view.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
In <3E7F2C01.E012A174@rodos.fzk.de>, Christoph Haller <ch@rodos.fzk.de> typed:
> Is it this what you've found and can't get to work?

Yes, that was what I found. I was having trouble figuring out how it
*should* work. I think I've got it now - the missing idea was that the
new and old rows contain the *entire* rows, not just what was being
updated. That makes it possible to pull values from them and udpate
entire rows in the table(s) the view joins. At least, that's the way I
believe it should work. My views don't have enough information to
identify a unique row in those tables, so I can't do this safely
anyway.
Thanks,<mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>        http://www.mired.org/consulting.html