Re: Why is it not using an index?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why is it not using an index?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Gregory Wood" <gregw@com-stock.com> writes:
> It should be. I think the response you'll get from the people on this list
> is that they're happy to accept a patch...

It's not as easy as you might think to come up with a general-purpose
solution --- bearing in mind that Postgres is supposed to support an
extensible set of datatypes, and so we'd prefer not to hard-wire much
knowledge of specific datatypes into the parser.

If you look back a year or two in the pghackers archives, you'll find
previous discussions and failed solution proposals.  It's still on the
TODO list, and eventually someone will come up with a usable answer.