Re: ALTER TABLE schema SCHEMA TO new_schema?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE schema SCHEMA TO new_schema?
Дата
Re: ALTER TABLE schema SCHEMA TO new_schema?  (Tommi Maekitalo <t.maekitalo@epgmbh.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Someone asked earlier about how to change a bunch of existing tables int the
> PUBLIC schema to some other schema. For grins I tried:
> regression=# update pg_class set relnamespace=556829 where relname = 'foo' and
> relnamespace=2200;
> UPDATE 1

> and it seemed to work fine (i.e. moved foo from schema public to schema bar).

But it didn't fix the pg_depend entries linking the table to its schema :-(

> But it made me wonder if we shouldn't have:
>    ALTER TABLE table SCHEMA TO new_schema

I was thinking more along the lines of ALTER TABLE a.b RENAME TO x.y

I don't see anything in the SQL spec about this; anyone know what
precedent is in Oracle or other DBMSes?