Re: Why is LOG level below WARNING and ERROR for log_min_error_statement?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why is LOG level below WARNING and ERROR for log_min_error_statement?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Kal Sze <swordangel@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to debug a problem that is occurring rather rarely, which
> causes multiple clients connected to the same postgresql 9.4 server to
> crash at the same time.

> These clients send *lots* of SQL statements. I want to turn on
> statement logging, but I am baffled by the fact that the LOG level is
> *below* WARNING and ERROR levels, for the `log_min_error_statement`
> configuration option. This results in my log being flooded with
> useless messages about statements that have succeeded.

> Why is it designed like that?

LOG level is meant for non-client-facing log messages, which should get
sent to the postmaster log even if log_min_messages has been set high
enough to suppress logging of everyday SQL-statement errors.  On the other
hand, they're not meant for client consumption so they don't get sent to
the client at the default client_min_messages setting.

You didn't say exactly where the problematic messages are coming from,
but it sounds a bit like somebody on the client side misunderstood what
they should use LOG for.