Re: Git conversion status

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Git conversion status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On mån, 2010-09-20 at 15:09 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wouldn't be against that necessarily if we were
>> keeping the keywords and not getting rid of them.  But since we are
>> going to get rid of them going forward, I think what we want this
>> conversion to do is match what's in the historical tarballs.

> Stupid question: Why don't you get rid of the key words beforehand?

That *definitely* wouldn't match the tarballs.

One of the base requirements we set at the beginning of the whole SCM
conversion discussion was that we be able to reproduce the historical
release tarballs as nearly as possible.  Now, if there were some reason
that we couldn't match $PostgreSQL$ tags at all, I'd have grumbled and
accepted it.  But we're 99.44% of the way there, and I don't see some
Debian maintainer's idea of how things ought to work as a reason for
not being 100% of the way there.

What I got the last time I did this locally, and expect to see when
we have the final conversion, is an exact match for every tarball
8.0.0 and later.  Earlier than that we have discrepancies because
some files are now in Attic, and/or the cvsroot path moved around,
and/or the project's module name moved around.  That sort of thing
I've resigned myself to just grumbling about.  But if we can have an
exact match for everything from 8.0.0 forward, we should not give that
up for trivial reasons.