Re: libpq 9.4 requires /etc/passwd?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq 9.4 requires /etc/passwd?
Дата
Re: libpq 9.4 requires /etc/passwd?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> writes:
> libpq wants the user home directory to find .pgpass and
> .pg_service.conf files, but apparently the behavior to require the
> existence of the passwd file (or nss equivalent) is new in 9.4.

There is demonstrably no direct reference to /etc/passwd in the PG code.
It's possible that we've added some new expectation that $HOME can be
identified, but a quick look through the code shows no such checks that
don't look like they've been there for some time.

Are the complainants doing anything that would result in SSL certificate
checking?  More generally, it'd be useful to see an exact example of
what are the connection parameters and environment that result in a
failure.