Re: Final /contrib cleanup -- yes/no?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Final /contrib cleanup -- yes/no?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> 1) Take the "SET search_path=public" out of all contrib SQL scripts so
> that DBAs can determine the correct schema by using PGOPTIONS.

I don't recall that having been proposed, and I don't think it's really
a good idea.  We intentionally put those SETs in, not that long ago.

> 2) Add BEGIN/COMMIT to all SQL scripts.

The effects of that haven't been debated, either.  Are you sure none of
those scripts rely on surviving errors?  What about the possibility of
other scripts including them when already inside a BEGIN block?

The thing we really need to make that stuff nice is a proper module
facility.  Changing stuff at the margins in the meantime doesn't really
do much except create more different possible behaviors that people will
have to deal with.