trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in integer context

От Lee Kindness
Тема trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in integer context
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vivek,

I'll not echo what others have said so far, and indeed what i've said
myself in a previous thread about this.

An important fact to take into account is that PostgreSQL 7.3 was
available as an open beta for quite a period - This period is both for
maturing changes made during the development and to allow client
authors to test against the new version.

Shouldn't at least ONE person who uses 'Request Tracker' have
perticipated in this beta program? PostgreSQL is community project
after all, you need to be proactive.

Indeed if someone involved with 'Request Tracker' read/skimmed the
hackers list then they could have discussed the implications before
the change was made. The PostgreSQL developers are great (thanks
guys!) but they are not all-seeing and all-knowing, they cannot
foresee all possible implications of a change.

Thanks, Lee.