Re: Simple thing to make pg_autovacuum more useful

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Simple thing to make pg_autovacuum more useful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> There are two things here. One having a default value 8.2 currently
> doesn't

I'm not really convinced by this argument.  pg_autovacuum was never
designed to be user-friendly; it is designed to be the back end storage
for something that *is* user-friendly (which we have not got yet).
I would say that smarts about defaults ought to go into whatever code
you are creating that inserts into pg_autovacuum.