Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5650: Postgres service showing as stopped when in fact it is running

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5650: Postgres service showing as stopped when in fact it is running
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Fujii Masao wrote:
>> I agree to treat the receipt of password request from the server as success
>> of the server starting. But I don't think that we should treat other rejection
>> cases that way and change the existing behavior.

> OK, that is easy to fix.

It's wrong though.  If you get back a "password rejected" error, or most
other types of errors, it still indicates that the server started.
We just went over this a few days ago.

> The only downside is that if you misconfigured
> .pgpass (which is what I used for testing), you have to wait 60 seconds
> to get the "cannot connect" error message.  Is that OK?

No; it's useless and unnecessary behavior.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5650: Postgres service showing as stopped when in fact it is running
Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5650: Postgres service showing as stopped when in fact it is running