Re: pg_stat_statements: rows not updated for CREATE TABLE AS SELECTstatements

От legrand legrand
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements: rows not updated for CREATE TABLE AS SELECTstatements
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thank you for those answers !

> The utility commands that return CMDTAG_SELECT are
> only CREATE TABLE AS SELECT and CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW?
> I'd just like to confirm that there is no case where "rows" must not
> be counted when CMDTAG_SELECT is returned.

I don't have any in mind ...

> BTW, "rows" should be updated when FETCH or MOVE is executed
> because each command returns or affects the rows?

Yes they should, but they aren't yet (event with CMDTAG_SELECT added)

Note that implicit cursors behave the same way ;o(

postgres=# do $$ declare i integer; begin for i in (select 1 ) loop null;
end loop;end; $$;
DO
postgres=# select calls,query,rows from pg_stat_statements;
 calls |                                      query
| rows
-------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------
     1 | select pg_stat_statements_reset()
|    1
     1 | (select $1 )
|    0
     1 | do $$ declare i integer; begin for i in (select 1 ) loop null; end
loop;end; $$ |    0
(3 rows)

Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-bugs-f2117394.html

От: "Todd A. Cook"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16324: bad cost estimates for generic query plans
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16320: GSSAPI Error