Re: BUG #4869: No proper initialization of OpenSSL-Engine in libpq

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4869: No proper initialization of OpenSSL-Engine in libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> A question from that then, for others, is it Ok to add a field to the
> PGconn structure during RC? :-) It's only in libpq-int.h, but? Comments?

Changing PGconn internals doesn't bother me, but ...

IIUC this is a pre-existing bug/limitation in an extremely seldom-used
feature that we don't have any very good way to test.  So I'm not really
excited about trying to fix it in RC at all.  The chances of breaking
something seem much higher than the usefulness of the fix would warrant.

I'd suggest holding the matter until 8.5 development opens.