Re: Mass-Data question

От Boris Köster
Тема Re: Mass-Data question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Gunther,

GS> Boris Köster wrote:

GS> Hmm, interesting. I have similar needs. Let's hear what the gurus
GS> have to say. But asking independent of PostgreSQL, what do you want
GS> the RDBMS to do? You probably want a virtual shared disk storage,
GS> such as a RAID system to which you can connect multiple hosts. VMS
GS> clusters have that feature. The disks are independent of the hosts.

Yes, that sounds interesting as one option.

GS> But then of course it's non-trivial to use multiple server hosts on
GS> the same database storage. Oracle can do something like that (but
GS> you pay heavy $$$).

Hm yes.

GS> So, what is it you want the system to do? Parallelize a single query
GS> over multiple hosts? I wouldn't count on that being available with
GS> PostgreSQL any time soon.

I am collecting up to 6000-7000 informations in a timeline of 1-3
Secounds, that 24h a day, 365 days a year. The harddrives may not be
fast enough to collect the data, that´s really heavy. All these data
must be analyzed in realtime if required by the customer(s).
parallelized query is an interseting idea.

--
Best regards,
 Boris                            mailto:koester@x-itec.de