Re: Planning counters in pg_stat_statements (using pgss_store)

От legrand legrand
Тема Re: Planning counters in pg_stat_statements (using pgss_store)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Julien Rouhaud wrote
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 3:55 PM legrand legrand
> <

> legrand_legrand@

>> > Some assert hit later, I can say that it's not always true.  For
>> > instance a CREATE TABLE AS won't run parse analysis for the underlying
>> > query, as this has already been done for the original statement, but
>> > will still call the planner.  I'll change pgss_planner_hook to ignore
>> > such cases, as pgss_store would otherwise think that it's a utility
>> > statement.  That'll probably incidentally fix the IVM incompatibility.
>>
>> Today with or without test on parse->queryId != UINT64CONST(0),
>> CTAS is collected as a utility_statement without planning counter.
>> This seems to me respectig the rule, not sure that this needs any
>> new (risky) change to the actual (quite stable) patch.
>
> But the queryid ends up not being computed the same way:
>
> # select queryid, query, plans, calls from pg_stat_statements where
> query like 'create table%';
>        queryid       |             query              | plans | calls
> ---------------------+--------------------------------+-------+-------
>  8275950546884151007 | create table test as select 1; |     1 |     0
>  7546197440584636081 | create table test as select 1  |     0 |     1
> (2 rows)
>
> That's because CreateTableAsStmt->query doesn't have a query
> location/len, as transformTopLevelStmt is only setting that for the
> top level Query.  That's probably an oversight in ab1f0c82257, but I'm
> not sure what's the best way to fix that.  Should we pass that
> information to all transformXXX function, or let transformTopLevelStmt
> handle that.

arf, this was not the case in my testing env (that is not up to date) :o(
and would not have appeared at all with the proposed test on
parse->queryId != UINT64CONST(0) ...

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html