Re: tablespace and sequences?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tablespace and sequences?
Дата
Re: tablespace and sequences?  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The problem with ALTER TABLE is that it can be hugely expensive, I think.

As long as you did it before loading any data, it wouldn't be too bad.
But certainly a preceding SET would be cheaper than pushing even
zero-size files around.

I don't have any problem with adding a SET variable at this stage of the
game, if everyone agrees it's an appropriate solution.

One point here is the handling of index tablespaces.  I added TABLESPACE
as part of "pg_get_indexdef" output, but we'd need a different solution
if we want to go down this path.  Maybe it's not a problem given this
idea about where pg_dump is going to specify tablespace.  But someone
needs to take a close look at pg_dump's logic to see if this can work.