Re: Straightforward changes for increased SMP scalability

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Straightforward changes for increased SMP scalability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Strong, David" <david.strong@unisys.com> writes:
> I'm happy to run some benchmarks to show the improvements with various
> NUM_BUFFER_PARTITIONS settings. However, I want to make sure that this
> is going to be useful. I can run 16 (base), 32, 64, 128 etc. type
> increments, but I'm more concerned about the number of cores to use. Do
> you have a suggestion for that? I can run with 1 to 32 cores. I had
> planned to run a number of tests at 8 cores, but I can adjust to what
> makes sense for the community.

Presumably the answers will be different.  I'd sort of like to see
several different curves for different numbers of processors, so we
can evaluate reasonably fairly.

Сообщение: Re: Straightforward changes for increased SMP scalability
Сообщение: Re: Straightforward changes for increased SMP scalability