Re: About "ERROR: must be *superuser* to COPY to or from a file"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: About "ERROR: must be *superuser* to COPY to or from a file"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> In any case here's some quick results from my system. There seems to a greater
> than 21% slowdown associated with piping the data through two processes
> instead of reading directly.

Well, if the penalty is order of 20% (as opposed to integer multiples)
I think the discussion is over.  We're not going to introduce arguable
security holes for that sort of gain --- there are other places we could
find that much speedup for much less risk.

(BTW, were you testing CVS tip or 8.0?  The recent COPY FROM speedup
patch would have affected this test.)