Re: hashagg slowdown due to spill changes

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: hashagg slowdown due to spill changes
Дата
Re: hashagg slowdown due to spill changes  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2020-06-12 at 14:37 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I don't see why it's ok to force an additional projection in the very
> common case of hashaggs over a few rows. So I think we need to
> rethink
> 4cad2534da6.

One possibility is to project only spilled tuples, more similar to
Melanie's patch from a while ago:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAAKRu_aefEsv+UkQWqu+ioEnoiL2LJu9Diuh9BR8MbyXuZ0j4A@mail.gmail.com

Which makes sense, but it's also more code.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis