Compiling via LLVM and active LTO

От Sapd
Тема Compiling via LLVM and active LTO
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I want to do some performance measures and have problems compiling postgres
with LTO activated. I tried it with postgresql 12.0 and 12.2, yielding both
the same result. The errors seem to relate to languages and
encoding-functions. The linker simply seems unable to find them. Also it
does not matter, wether I use the thin LTO or the full LLVM LTO.

Normal compilation (without any additional CFLAGS) works.

-------- System data
Mac OS X Catalina
llvm 8
Apple clang version 11.0.0 (clang-1100.0.33.17)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin19.3.0

-------- Configuration
./configure --prefix=../dist CFLAGS="-flto=thin -O3"

-------- Error message (created by linker)
undef: _pg_mic2ascii
undef: _check_encoding_conversion_args
undef: _pg_ascii2mic
  "_pg_mic2ascii", referenced from:
      _mic_to_ascii in lto.o
  "_check_encoding_conversion_args", referenced from:
      _ascii_to_mic in lto.o
      _mic_to_ascii in lto.o
  "_pg_ascii2mic", referenced from:
      _ascii_to_mic in lto.o
----
undef: _LocalToUtf
undef: _check_encoding_conversion_args
undef: _UtfToLocal
  "_LocalToUtf", referenced from:
      _koi8r_to_utf8 in lto.o
      _koi8u_to_utf8 in lto.o
  "_check_encoding_conversion_args", referenced from:
      _utf8_to_koi8r in lto.o
      _koi8r_to_utf8 in lto.o
      _utf8_to_koi8u in lto.o
      _koi8u_to_utf8 in lto.o