Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big change

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/time types: big change
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <e99re41@DoCS.UU.SE> writes:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think it's too late in the 7.0 cycle to start thinking about renaming
>> the numeric types.

> I didn't mean that this should happen now or even soon. It was more of a
> policy/practice inquiry.

OK, fair enough.  What I'm thinking at the moment is let's wait and see
how painful or painless the transition is for the date/time types.
The number of squawks we hear about that should give us a clue whether
we want to be in a hurry to rename the numeric types...