Re: BUG #17358: While using --with-uuid=bsd option, uuid_ossp test fails on NetBSD 9.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17358: While using --with-uuid=bsd option, uuid_ossp test fails on NetBSD 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2022-01-07 15:48:52 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Not sure about how to fix this nicely.  We've tried to avoid
>> writing our own code for V1 UUIDs, but maybe we should just
>> bite the bullet and do that?

> It might be the most reasonable approach. We certainly seem to have spent at
> least as much effort avoiding our own implementation than implementing it
> ourselves.

Yeah, exactly :-(.  Other than finding a MAC address, it doesn't seem
like there's much there, and we've spent an awful lot of work on
supporting N different libraries for this.

> We could grab it from ossp-uuid or e2fs - both seem to be compatibly licensed?

Right, I was planning to have a look at how they'd done it.  The BSD
implementation seems to be inside the kernel, so that's not likely
to be helpful, but the other two must be in userspace.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17358: While using --with-uuid=bsd option, uuid_ossp test fails on NetBSD 9.2
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17358: While using --with-uuid=bsd option, uuid_ossp test fails on NetBSD 9.2