Re: Strange message in logs..

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange message in logs..
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net> writes:
> I'm getting a lot of
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> ... in my postgres.log file (PostgreSQL 7.0.0), is this to be expected?

It is if you are using client apps that don't bother to close the
connection cleanly (ie, first sending an 'X' message) when they quit.

It appears that our ODBC driver doesn't send 'X' during connection
close, which I would call a (minor) bug in the ODBC driver.  Of course
the problem would appear anyway if the client app is in the habit of
exiting without telling the interface library to shut down first.

The backend doesn't particularly care; it'll close up shop the same
way with or without 'X'.