Re: pg_dump -s dumps data?!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump -s dumps data?!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> writes:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:12:09AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> What tests were those exactly?  I'm not aware of any agreed changes in
>> this area.

> 1. create table with extension
> 2. try to dump it's content with pg_dump
> 3. try to dump schema of database
> 4. try to dump schema of another table (not from extension)
> 5. drop extension, load another extension, this time, with marking table
>    with pg_extension_config_dump
> repeat steps 2,3,4.

That is way too vague for my taste, as you have not shown the pg_dump
options you're using, for example.

> the way pg works in git HEAD is much more sensible.

I'm not aware that the way it works has been changed intentionally,
so if you're seeing a difference here it's more likely that a bug has
been added than removed.  Please provide an exact test case.