Re: (repost) pgtcl: restore 8.0 compatibility for large obj fix

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: (repost) pgtcl: restore 8.0 compatibility for large obj fix
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
ljb <ljb220@mindspring.com> writes:
> +#if TCL_MAJOR_VERSION == 8 && TCL_MINOR_VERSION >= 1 || TCL_MAJOR_VERSION > 8
> +    bufObj = Tcl_NewByteArrayObj(buf, nbytes);
> +#else
>      bufObj = Tcl_NewStringObj(buf, nbytes);
> +#endif

Hmm.  We could certainly do it like that, but does this actually fix the
problem for Tcl 8.0.*?  Or will the unwanted character set translation
happen anyway in that version?  I don't see any value in letting the
code compile against 8.0.* if the behavior will be wrong ...