Re: Point in Time Recovery

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Point in Time Recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Please tell me that we can ignore the state of the clog,

We can.

The reason that keeping track of timelines is interesting for xlog is
simply to take pity on the poor DBA who needs to distinguish the various
archived xlog files he's got laying about, and so that we can detect
errors like supplying inconsistent sets of xlog segments during restore.

This does not apply to clog because it's not archived.  It's no more
than a data file.  If you think you have trouble recreating clog then
you have the same issues recreating data files.