Re: random failing builds on spoonbill - backends not exiting...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: random failing builds on spoonbill - backends not exiting...
Дата
Re: random failing builds on spoonbill - backends not exiting...  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> It has now happened at least twice that builds on spponbill started to
> fail after it failed during ECPGcheck:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=spoonbill&dt=2012-06-19%2023%3A00%3A04
> the first failure was:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=spoonbill&dt=2012-05-24%2023%3A00%3A05
> so in both cases the postmaster was not shuting down properly

panther has been showing similar postmaster-does-not-shut-down failures
every so often, though IIRC always in the IsolationCheck step not ECPG.

> I did some further investiagations with robert on IM but I don't think
> he has any further ideas other than that I have a weird OS :)
> It seems worth noticing that this is OpenBSD 5.1 on Sparc64 which has a
> new threading implementation compared to older OpenBSD versions.

But we don't use threading ...

Still, panther is NetBSD so there may be some general BSD flavor to
whatever's going on here.