Re: Allow GRANT/REVOKE permissions to be applied to all schema

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Allow GRANT/REVOKE permissions to be applied to all schema
Дата
Re: Allow GRANT/REVOKE permissions to be applied to all schema  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> The problem with this approach is it leaves us with no way to REVOKE
> permissions on a specific table from a user who has permissions on the
> SCHEMA.  Our permissions model is completely additive, so if you did:

Why is that a problem?  The complaint seems about analogous to saying
we should not have groups because you can't REVOKE rights from an
individual user if he has them via a group membership.

> And overall, I'd think it would make the feature a *lot* less useful;
> basically it would encourage a lot of DBAs to organize their schemas by
> security level, which is not really what schemas are for.

Why would this mechanism encourage that more than the other one would?

Сообщение: Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc
Сообщение: Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc