Re: Time limit for a process to hold Content lock in Buffer Cache

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Time limit for a process to hold Content lock in Buffer Cache
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> writes:
> I was musing over a possible condition where a rogue client gets the
> backend to process queries which take a *lot* of time(note, this is
> only in my head atm.I may be completely wrong here).

> Wouldnt something on the lines of a timeout help here?

You can already set statement_timeout for that.  I don't think worrying
about it at the level of buffer content locks would be terribly helpful,
since those locks are generally held only for long enough to read or
write the page or to verify the visibility of rows on it.  Even if the
client is rogue, it can't affect those timings too much.

Сообщение: Re: Time limit for a process to hold Content lock in Buffer Cache
Сообщение: Re: Time limit for a process to hold Content lock in Buffer Cache