Difference between Bulk Load (Multiple inserts or single inserts) and COPY

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Difference between Bulk Load (Multiple inserts or single inserts) and COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/sql-copy.html

Hello,

> I experimented with Bulk load and COPY.
> However, after COPYing data from a CSV file to PostgreSQL Table. The
query
> execution took lot of time for 1 of the first 4 queries.
> Only this slow query was taking so much time, that even if I had used
normal
> bulk load, it would have been faster in total.
> Then all other Query executions took equal time as it took while querying
> table after the Bulk data load method.
>
> So, I want to know the exact reason what's the issue with COPY.
> How exactly they differ? The only thing from the document I could
identify
> was row security.
> But it did not mention anything about indexing. Like, in Bulk load, do
> indices(or constraint checks) are created with data loading?
> & in COPY it's done after? so when indices are being created that query
> slows down??

*Added details*

"Table & Query details"
I have 1 Table is there having 3 attributes:
TableName{ Column1 Varchar300,  Column2 Varchar300,  Column3 Varchar300};
I haven't created any primary keys or FKs. No other constraints.

Data set size: 150MB / 1M records

Queries:
Select count(*) from Table;
Select count(distinct( Column1, Column2 , Column3 )) from Table;
Select Column1, Column2, Column3 from Table as T1, Table as T2,  Table as T3
where T1. Column1=T2.Column3 and T1. Column1="xyz";

Please let me know, how Bulk load vs. COPY different in both situations
1) Do the internal representation differs after data is loaded using Bulk
vs. COPY?
2) what if I have added Keys and Constraints, are they checked later? Means
constraints.
3) Can it be the reason that some other process(which?) is running in
background during query execution ? as I query the data as soon as the load
after COPY is complete.