Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq (Makefile)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq (Makefile)
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> (One might wonder why bother about this:  it's because users might try to
> run, e.g., "make all CFLAGS=-O99 -mfoo" etc., so you have to forcibly hold
> on to the necessary CFLAGS as well.  Yeah, I know, COPT -- but who's ever
> heard of that?)

That's a fairly unconvincing example, since the likely result would be
settings CFLAGS to "-O99 ... -O2 ...", thus preventing the user from
getting what he wants.  Given that we do not know how "override" really
behaves (except that it's not like the manual), nor how consistently
it behaves across different versions of gmake, I think that it would be
far smarter to avoid "override" completely.