Re: Commit within a PL/PGSQL procedure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Commit within a PL/PGSQL procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Harry Broomhall <harry.broomhall@uk.easynet.net> writes:
> In fact my *test* function consists of a simple scan through a database,
> and 3 INSERTs into a new table for each record in the original, where
> the values inserted are derived from values in the original.
>    The source file is about 6.4 ^6 records, and the system dies at about
> the 1 million mark.

Now that I think twice, do you have foreign key linkages in the
tables being inserted into?  If so, the most likely explanation is just
that the list of deferred trigger events is getting too large.  This is
a known deficiency on our TODO list (it should be possible to shove the
list out to disk when it gets too large).