Re: Alpha 1 for 9.2

От Joshua Berkus
Тема Re: Alpha 1 for 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Download numbers for the installers were bordering on noise compared
> to the GA builds last time I looked, double figures iirc. I don't
> know about the tarballs offhand and can't check ATM.

Can you check when you get a chance?   I know that the DL numbers for the first alphas were very low, but I'm wondering
aboutAlpha 3, 4 and 5.

The main value of the alphas is that our Windows users aren't going to do any testing which requires source code
compile. But if they're not doing any testing anyway, then there's no real point.

There's PR value in doing the alphas, but not enough to justify the effort involved.

If we're not going to do regular alphas, I would push to do one special alpha release which includes all of the locking
codeimprovements and similar features added to date.