Re: postgres uptime

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres uptime
Дата
Re: postgres uptime  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Re: postgres uptime  (Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is the uptime kept internally anywhere?  Or even the start time?

No, and no (at least not in any globally accessible variable).

> If it is, it would be quite trivial to provide access to it

Not really --- in the EXEC_BACKEND case, we'd have to do something
explicit to pass the value down to backends.

I'd like to see more than one person requesting this (and with solider
rationales) before it gets added to TODO.  If I wanted to be picky I
would suggest that knowledge of the server start time might be useful
information to an attacker.  It would for instance narrow down the
number of possible starting seeds for the postmaster's random number
generator.