Table 9-40. json and jsonb Operators - Data could be more informative

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Table 9-40. json and jsonb Operators - Data could be more informative
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/functions-json.html

In https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/functions-json.html,

the table 9.40, json and jsonb operators
lists '->>' and '#>>' operators and the difference written is the second one
go to the specific location.

I am not an expert in postgres!
But from my experience,
'#>>'  can also parse the data when it is a stringified JSON, having escape
charterers in it!

for ex :
for a scalar value in jsonb : "{\"attr\":\"value\"}", from which we cannot
read keys or values as such,

Query : select (column #>> '{}') from table;
will give parsed json : {"attr" : "value"} from which keys and values can be
extracted.

please mention is there if it is right, as i struggled a lot to figure it
out!

PS: pardon my language, and my concern if it is not right!

Thank you!