Re: FUNC_MAX_ARGS benchmarks

От Daniel Wickstrom
Тема Re: FUNC_MAX_ARGS benchmarks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
   Marc> On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Andrew Sullivan wrote:   >> On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 10:39:47AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote: > >
>> Actually, plpgsql is pretty expensive too.  The thing to be   >> benchmarking > is applications of plain old
built-in-C  >> functions and operators.   >>    >> I thought part of the justification for this was for the   >>
OpenACSguys; don't they write everything in TCL?

   Marc> Nope, the OpenACS stuff relies on plpgsql functions ... the   Marc> 'TCL' is the web pages themselves, vs
usingsomething like   Marc> PHP ... I may be wrong, but I do not believe any of the   Marc> functions are in TCL ...

That's true.  We have intentionally avoided adding pl/tcl functions
into the db.  The postgresql db stuff relies extensively on plpgsql,
while the oracle db stuff relies on pl/sql to provide equivalent
functionality.

On the other hand, all of the web server stuff is implemented on Aolserver
which uses Tcl as a scripting language.

Regards,

Dan

От: Jill Rabinowitz
Сообщение: Re: Outer join differences
От: "Vitaliy N. Kravchenko"
Сообщение: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?