Re: joining tables

От TedJones
Тема Re: joining tables
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Jack

I'm not sure if I understand your comment about two 'Ted' fields and
duplication of rows. In the example below there is 'Ted' twice in Table3 1
and 3 and must appear twice as I've shown in the result as the data in the
rest of the row is different. I agree with no duplication of rows if all of
the row is the same.

Ted

Table: 1
Author    Title    Sales    Publication Date
Jim    A    aa    I
Ted    B    bb    J
Dave    C    cc    K
Ted    D    dd    L

Table: 2
Author    Publisher
Jim    him
Ted    me
Dave    me
Will    you
Gary    him

Table:3
Author    Title    Country
Ted    B    UK
Ted    D    US
Jim    A    UK
Dave    C    UK

Combined table: Result
Author    Title    Publication Date    Publisher    Sales    Country
Ted    B    J    me    bb    UK
Ted    D    L    me    dd    US
Jim    A    I    him    aa    UK
Dave    C    K    me    cc    UK
Gary    null    null    him    null    null
Will    null    null    you    null    null

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html