Re: [pgsql-general] In memory tables/databases

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-general] In memory tables/databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Alexander Todorov" <alexx.todorov@gmail.com> writes:
> is there anything to emulate the MySQL memory table engine?
> A straight forward solution is to create a ramfs volume and mount/link
> content under /var/lib/postresql there. Then add some scripts to
> save/restore databases when the server restarts.
> I am wondering is there something else?

As long as shared_buffers is high enough, there doesn't seem to be much
point in worrying about this; the incremental performance gain will be
minimal since everything will be in RAM anyway.  Or do you think losing
the content of the database at server crash is a feature?