Re: possible bug in exception handling code? (postgres8.0beta)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: possible bug in exception handling code? (postgres8.0beta)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paramveer.Singh@trilogy.com writes:
> would compile, when in fact it should not. (or am I totally wrong here?)
> pl_exec.c has a exception label map which is used at execution, when the
> exception actually happens.
> Wouldn't it be preferable to use it at compile time?

That is on my to-do list.  One question is whether we *want* unknown
condition names to be rejected.  Probably the answer is yes, but you
could make an argument the other way.

> Shouldn't it be the other way around?

No.  You do not have the option not to roll back, no matter what handler
is found or not found.