Re: COPY .... WITH (FORMAT binary) causes syntax error at or near "binary"

От Pavel Golub
Тема Re: COPY .... WITH (FORMAT binary) causes syntax error at or near "binary"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, Alvaro.

You wrote:

AH> Excerpts from Pavel Golub's message of mar jul 05 10:52:06 -0400 2011:
>> Hello.
>>
>> System: PostgreSQL v9.0 Windows XP SP3
>> SQL: COPY "tablename" TO STDOUT WITH (FORMAT binary)
>> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "binary"
>> LINE 1: ...OPY "tablename" TO STDOUT WITH (FORMAT binary)
>>                                                   ^
>>
>> ********** Error **********
>>
>> ERROR: syntax error at or near "binary"
>> SQL state: 42601
>> Character: 55
>>
>> But if I use 'FORMAT text' or 'FORMAT csv' all is OK.
>>
>> Suppose this happens because BINARY is not listed in
>> "unreserved_keyword" neither in "col_name_keyword parser" parser rules, but
>> listed in "type_func_name_keyword" instead.

AH> That seems pretty unfortunate.  Of course, it works if you quote it:

AH> COPY "tablename" TO STDOUT WITH (FORMAT "binary")

AH> I assume it's not in unreserved_keyword because it would cause a
AH> shift/reduce conflict elsewhere.

Well, there are two ways:
1. Change documentation, so quoted or double quoted values are
accepted

2. Fix parser

--
With best wishes,Pavel                          mailto:pavel@gf.microolap.com

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Range Types, constructors, and the type system