Re: upgrade from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: upgrade from 7.3.1 to 7.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chantal Ackermann <chantal.ackermann@biomax.de> writes:
> actually, the major point of my posting was, that the script pg_upgrade
> which is part of contrib in 7.3.1 and 7.3.2 is calling pg_dumpall with
> an option (-s) that does not exist.

Hm.  Evidently when Peter rewrote pg_dumpall in C, he was a little too
narrow-minded about which pg_dump options should be accepted by
pg_dumpall.  (The old script version would pass through almost anything.)
I wonder if anything else besides -s ought to be added back.

But as to the matter at hand: the fact that no one has tested pg_upgrade
since then should give you a good clue as to (a) its usefulness and (b)
how much you should trust it.  The reason it's in contrib and not in the
main distro is that it's unreliable.